cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Update ARB payment value and due date

Tell us what API or feature you are using.

ARB

Tell us what programming language and other technologies are using.

PHP

Have you tried the sample code? Did it work for you?

Yes and no. The sample code does not handle this particular request.

So what I want to know is, is it possible to update an ARB to change the amount owed and the day when the payment is due?

Here is an example scenario:

1. User buys a membership from us and gets an ARB. All is well. Let's say payments are due the first of every month.

2. At some point in the middle of the month, (let's say the 18th) the user modifies their membership, adds more products and their monthly bill increases. At this point, they are charged the new monthly fee.

3. User gets gets billed again for the new value on the 1st of the next month.

I already have it so the value in the ARB gets updated correctly. Now, I just want the next payment date to update to the date of the updated ARB plus 1 month. I just read that you can't update the start date for the ARB if successful payments were already made. Is there another option for me?

zhumar
4 REPLIES 4

Does anyone know if this is doable?

zhumar

documentation at http://developer.authorize.net/api/arb/ 

said yes on value no on due date

So then there is no way to make it so users don't get double billed? That seems a bit lame. It seems like the only way around it would be to cancel the old ARB and create a new one once the user modifies their membership. This would load up the cancelled ARBs section in Authorize.net unnecessarily. Are there any other options for this?

It seems like the only way around it would be to cancel the old ARB and create a new one once the user modifies their membership.

Yep. Once it started, the date can't be change.

Are there any other options for this?

Use CIM, and do your own scheduling.