cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Credit Card using .net sdk

We are communicating to Auth.net using SDK (.net).
I would need help with implementing updating credit card for our customers.

I did some research and found that "UpdatePaymentProfile" call would update the existing payment profile with new information. After update is successful, we can call "ValidateProfile" to validate the credit card info is correct or incorrect. But if the credit card info is incorrect then we are loosing the original credit card info. 

We cannot validate the new credit card info without updating or adding payment profile.

So is there a way for us to validate the new credit card info first and upon that being success update the payment profile. so we dont loose the credit card on profile.
venkat457
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @venkat457,

What you are doing here is updating the CustomerPaymentProfile and later doing the Validation of the PaymentProfile, and you want to go back to the old PaymentProfile if the new PaymentProfile is invalid.

This is not possible, but you can first Validate the new details before updating the PaymentProfile, and if it is not valid you don't update.

This can be achieved by Updating the payment profile with   <validationMode>liveMode</validationMode>

You need to set the ValidationMode to LiveMode and then update the CustomerPaymentProfile and if the cc details are invalid it will return with error and not update the PaymentProfile.

You can checkout the UpdateCustomerPaymentProfile sample for the setting.

Hope this Helps!

Kaushik

View solution in original post

kikmak42
Authorize.Net Expert Authorize.Net Expert
Authorize.Net Expert
5 REPLIES 5

any suggestions please

venkat457

Hello @venkat457

Have you considered adding a new payment profile, validating and if successful removing the previous payment profile?

Each customer profile can store up to 10 payment profiles.

Richard

I did consider that solution.

But i have customers with many credit cards and adding new ones yields to crossing the limit.

HEre's an eg:

I have a customer with 6 policies and he uses 6 cc for those 6 policies.

If he wants to update to 5 policies with new cc then i will be crossing the 10 limit.

Unless i am deleting one at a time...

Isnt there a better to validate card first before tieing to customer profile ??

Hi @venkat457,

What you are doing here is updating the CustomerPaymentProfile and later doing the Validation of the PaymentProfile, and you want to go back to the old PaymentProfile if the new PaymentProfile is invalid.

This is not possible, but you can first Validate the new details before updating the PaymentProfile, and if it is not valid you don't update.

This can be achieved by Updating the payment profile with   <validationMode>liveMode</validationMode>

You need to set the ValidationMode to LiveMode and then update the CustomerPaymentProfile and if the cc details are invalid it will return with error and not update the PaymentProfile.

You can checkout the UpdateCustomerPaymentProfile sample for the setting.

Hope this Helps!

Kaushik

kikmak42
Authorize.Net Expert Authorize.Net Expert
Authorize.Net Expert

Thanks Kaushik.. this is perfect..