cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to an ARB from AIM

Hi All

Let me thank you for the time 

I have a question here - 

I am providing both AIM [one time billing] and ARB [recurring] in my site to [purchase products. 

I would like to know that is it possible to do an AIM first for a 1 year package, and after a period, say 2 or 3 months, user can change it to ARB?

If yes how it wil happen? 

To make iot more clear i am posting an example

User x buys a 1 year package using AIM - abnd pays USD 10 for this

After 3 months he changes the mind and want to go for a ARB - in that case do he need to make another AIM payment and then set it to ARB? or can he change to the ARB without making further immidiete payments?

Thank You

Sathish

sathumenon
Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

I would like to know that is it possible to do an AIM first for a 1 year package, and after a period, say 2 or 3 months, user can change it to ARB?

No. user can not create ARB from an existing transaction, you can't do that in code. But someone with access to the merchant account get an existing transaction to create a ARB transaction.

Login to merchant account - Reports- Transaction detail - search for a transaction - on the top right "Create ARB Subscription from Transaction"

User x buys a 1 year package using AIM - abnd pays USD 10 for this

After 3 months he changes the mind and want to go for a ARB - in that case do he need to make another AIM payment and then set it to ARB? or can he change to the ARB without making further immidiete payments?

Assume you mean he will enter the CC# for this ARB. He don't need to make AIM payment, but it might be a good idea to test the CC# with a $0.01 auth_only AIM transactions first, before creating a ARB with the CC#.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Pleae help me here

How we can achive both one time + REcurring using ARB paymnt method:

1.Lets say user comes first time and buy a new package and goes to the payemnt page
2.Payemnt page is using the ARB method as the Authorize code have one time + REcurring

3.User goes eneter all the information related to credit card as per the logic now we are passing End date for the subscription : End Date: No End Date (ongoing subscription) and Recurring Start Date .So this is becoming a recurring payemnt

5.AS WE HAVE THE THREE OPTION what I am thinking

No End Date (ongoing subscription) -Now we are passng this for recurring
End Date
Ends After "N" Occcourance

6. If some one dont want to do recurring payment  only neeed to pay one time in that case

If we wil pass :Occourance 0 : Ends After 0 Occourance insted of Passing No End Date then it wil not repeate the payemnt only work as one time.as a AIM one time

7.This can be achived as a one time payemnt  defualt payemnt one time method where we wont pass the No End Date (AIM Method of the recurring )

8.To make recurring :  If we have a check box if user select the check box in the payemnt page  Recurring payemnt will set up insted passing the

Number of occourance: 0

we can pass the No End Date (ongoing subscription) (As we are doing now using the check box ).So this will serve payemnt now and set up a recurring for future

8.If user need to  convert  onetime  payment to  recurring  . Then user go to a  modify payemnt  link  

and in the modify page have a check box  user select the  check box   in that case it pass the  No End Date (ongoing subscription) and modify  this change the current state Number of occourance: 0  to  No End Date (ongoing subscription)

Please let me know.

interme

Hi ajitdash,

You can give your customers the option to select if they want to be charged for a one-time transaction or on recurring basis and the payment amount and number of intervals can also be setup depending on the customer's choice but you would have to use logic on your side to send the transaction through either the AIM or ARB APIs depending on what your customer chooses. It is not possible to use ARB API for one time payment, if your customer wants to change from a single payment to a recurring payment, this cannot be done programmatically but you can login to your Authorize.Net Merchant Interface and create a subscription manually from the customer's existing transaction that was settled successfully.

Thanks,
Joy

ARB Recurring : 

I am trying to disable a recurring paymnt already setup with "No End Date" how I will disable this: 

I have tried to post a value for Occourance = 0 this is giving me error.

I want to try for the END DATE: 

Simillarly for the End date what the minmum date range we can add can we add end date as current date .? 

Any other way 

interme

You cannot modify the schedule of an active subscription, you can only update payment and customer details.  If you would like to completely cancel the subscription, this can be accomplished by submitting an ARBCancelSubscriptionRequest.