cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Updating a Credit Card transaction using it's transaction id

Hi

I have a Magento website for which I use a developer sandbox account with it's default Authorize payment module...

I manage to create orders and transactions successfully, and receive a transaction Id from Authorize, which is ok... The problem is that I have to make a functionality as follows: from the backend when editing an order that was payed trough Authorize , not to ask the credit card numbers but reuse and update the already existing transaction using it's transaction id.

In other words, by having a transaction id, can I update a transaction from Authorize?

Many thanks in advance for the response

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can't do that. You will have to create a new transaction.

And they don't have anyway to copy credit card info from an existing transaction to a new one.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

what do you mean update a transaction?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

the website admin want's after negotiating with the order customer, to change quantities of the products
ordered from the magento websites backend part...which means that the order's grand total will modify...

and using authorize api's and the already created transaction id,
to update the transaction amount and item quantities from the already created Authorize Transaction as well

Can't do that. You will have to create a new transaction.

And they don't have anyway to copy credit card info from an existing transaction to a new one.

thanks for the fast response Raynor... so the only viable solution for this case scenario then it would remain to integrate Authorize CIM solution, and reuse the customer's payment  profile id, I guess...