cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Testing Guide for Specific Transaction Responses

Using the Testing Guide, developers can trigger specific transaction responses in the sandbox including approvals, declines, errors, as well as AVS and Card Code responses.

If you have questions or comments, please use this thread.

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
42 REPLIES 42

Using the Sandbox Account Error Generation Guide, you can trigger specific transaction responses in the sandbox including approvals, declines, errors, as well as AVS and Card Code responses.

Richard

So did anyone figured this one yet? How to generate the errors? I am trying to do the same thing, but failed since all transactions I send are getting approved. I am using the "4222222222222" credit card number, as suggested here:

http://developer.authorize.net/guides/AIM/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=5_TestTrans.html

I placed my sandbox account in Test Mode, as suggested in the article above and sent Auth&Caption transactions with a variety of amounts. They all got approved. I created Shipping Profiles and added fake addresses, but used the ZIP Codes suggested in this article:

http://developer.authorize.net/tools/errorgenerationguide/

and yet, all transactions are still approved.

Has anyone made any progress with this issue? I would love to know the steps that are required to take in order to simulate various errors of the host, by receiving responses with all kinds of Response Reason Codes. BTW, I am using the CIM API, but I guess it should work the same for all APIs.

TIA,

Eddie

testmode need to be OFF.

I tried in both ways, Test Mode On and Test Mode Off, and I got the same result: approved transaction.

The ZIP codes must be used in the billing address or the shipping address?

Ok, I made some progress. It's the billing address that needs to have that ZIP code, not the shipping address. 

So for everyone following this thread, set the Billing Address' ZIP code (not the Shippind Address associated with the Payment Profile, but the Billing Address - you may have to use the Sandbox Web Interface for that) to one of the values in the Sandbox Account Error Generation Guide (http://developer.authorize.net/tools/errorgenerationguide/) while the Sandbox Account Test Mode is set to OFF and it should work. It did for me.

I am using the AIM API. I would like to test a timeout. I would like for the Server to "seem" to be accepting requests but not sending a response. Is there any way I can do this? In production this might happen as follows:

1) Request sent from client

2) Request received by Server

3) Server goes down before it has a chance to send a response.

mdc

Hi,

I'm unable to test declined transactions also. I tried using the zipcode 46282 however it is not declined and instead the transaction is approved. I only have one address. My form does not have any shipping fields. Is anyone else running into this issue? My particular instance is a payment form leveraging a Joomla plugin ChronoForms. I have posted on that board also. Anyone else have this issue?

Also can "On Held" transactions be tested? Has anyone seen any reference to that? 

Thanks

@rjrsinc

When you submitted a transaction using zipcode 46282, what was returned for the transaction ID?

Richard