cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a GUID for Customer Profile

I’m looking to transition to Authorize Net as my payment gateway and have been testing using a Sandbox account.  My current payment gateway allows me to use an element called “ExternalId” to create and retrieve customer profile information.  I use a GUID for this element to ensure the accounts have unique Ids and it also allows me to easily link my customer’s accounts to the payment gateway without having to know the customer’s account number.  I’m testing with the latest code from GitHub and after reading the API documentation I do not see a way to use a GUID when creating or retrieving customer profile information. 

Is there a way to create and retrieve a customer’s profile using a GUID that I’m not seeing?

KevinS
1 REPLY 1

Hello @KevinS

We do not currently support returning customer profiles based on your GUID.  Instead, they must currently be retrieved by our system generated customer and payment profile IDs.

You are welcome to post this as a new feature using our Ideas forum. This will allow others to vote on and make suggestions to improve the request.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator