cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB project won't compile with any references to ANetApiResponse

When I add any reference to ANetApiResponse in my VB project, the project won't compile.   

If I add this line in the code it shows no errors, but the project won't build:

Dim AuthResponse As ANetApiResponse

If I comment out that line, it compiles fine. 

There is no error to say that the reference is not recognized.  It just won't rebuild the solution.  It starts to rebuild, then stops, and gives no errors or anything helpful, but does not complete.

I've added the Authorize.Net reference to my project successfully, everything seems wired up fine, but when I add any references to it, the project will no longer compile.  I can't find any help on this anywhere on this site or Google. 

Using build 1.9.6  

.Net Framework 4.0

What am I missing?  Thank you for any help you can offer!!

john316zim
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I was at version 1.9.6, and just upgraded to version 1.9.7 but got the same results.

OK, I dug deeper and in the Warnings section I see this:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning The primary reference "AuthorizeNet, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". EEI Contractor Safety Survey

I guess I have to try to upgrade the project to Framework 4.5.  It's an older project with a lot of old references, so we'll see... (I didn't check the Warnings before because they typically don't prevent the project from compiling but seems like this one does):

Thanks for the help!  At least it got me to dig deeper!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Just confirming you have actually pulled the nuget package down using package manager?  Sorry if that's an obvious question but did want to check?

Brian

brianmc
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Yes, I was at version 1.9.6, and just upgraded to version 1.9.7 but got the same results.

OK, I dug deeper and in the Warnings section I see this:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning The primary reference "AuthorizeNet, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". EEI Contractor Safety Survey

I guess I have to try to upgrade the project to Framework 4.5.  It's an older project with a lot of old references, so we'll see... (I didn't check the Warnings before because they typically don't prevent the project from compiling but seems like this one does):

Thanks for the help!  At least it got me to dig deeper!