cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate Credit card

Hi Everyone, 

I have site where I used authorize.net as a payment gateway Now what happening I want to charge credit card instantly and I don't want to wait or do authcapture transaction. Is there a any way in API. to directly charge credit card . As what happen I am selling services if customer entered invalid card with valid format it proceed without appoved and customer getting access to my servcies and then after invalid card get declined by autorize.net. So I need some thing Prior to it.

Please help me on this. I am working in C# language.

varungupta364
8 REPLIES 8

You can use the  CIM APIs to add the card first as payment profile  http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#customer-profiles

and call validateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest with liveMode or testMode (http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#customer-profiles-validate-customer-payment-... )  to  validate the card and then  do the payment with the profileID .

Send feedback at developer_feedback@authorize.net
Anurag
Moderator Moderator

Hi Everyone,

Is there any ways to validate Credit Card No, Expiry date & CVV code through ARB APIs and insure that these are valid before doing real transaction

as well as Name on credit card and billing address and Zipcode are associated with that Credit Card.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Using the createTransactionRequest API call enables you to authorize and capture a credit card payment at once or you could use the ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest to create a subscription.

It sounds like you may need to parse the response from the API call better to ensure access to your services is not allowed without a successful transaction.

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers
NexusSoftware
Trusted Contributor

The ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest will validate the Credit Card information when posted. 

Only the address street number and zipcode are validated. There are a number of settings within your Authorize.net control panel that enable you to fine tune your level of address verification at: Settings > Address Verification Service. There is also the Settings > Cardholder Authentication, if you are enrolled in one of the authentication programs and wish to include authentication codes in the transactions that you submit.