cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation On Secure Form

Among DPM and SIM, In which method there is an automatic validation of credit card right on https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll ?

Like when the credit card number is missing or invalid, the page on the above url validate it before submission.

Thanks. 

haseebkhilji
Contributor
6 REPLIES 6

None. But  you can do your own validation (missing cc# and wrong cc# format, but not invalid cc#) on DPM since it is running on your web site until it post to authorize.net.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Alright.

Correct me if i am wrong, i will use SIM method. via response code, (1 for success) i can validate transaction on relay url page. I just only care about CC# so i can validate all the possible response code and error messages according the code on relay url page. 

One more thing, in the above scenario, if i get error for CC#, what is the appropriate way to redirect back to the secure form, as the user will see the relay page. Should i promt it like, "Your Credit Card is Invalid. Click here to go back to Payment Form".

Waiting for your reply.
Thanks. 

Correct me if i am wrong, i will use SIM method. via response code, (1 for success) i can validate transaction on relay url page. I just only care about CC# so i can validate all the possible response code and error messages according the code on relay url page.
Yes. If the response code is 1. That is the charge is approve, so the CC# is valid. If is anything but 1 then check the reason code.

One more thing, in the above scenario, if i get error for CC#, what is the appropriate way to redirect back to the secure form, as the user will see the relay page. Should i promt it like, "Your Credit Card is Invalid. Click here to go back to Payment Form".

Anything that work for you, but probably want to show them the reason why the transaction was decline.

I have done with my code, but when error comes, instead of showing my relay_url page, It just showing his own version of error with error message, (Only Text) on the page.

Just like follows:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card. 

The credit card number is invalid. 
      Credit card expiration date is invalid. 

I have put all the validation code, and error message code in relay_url page, but its not going there. 

It mean your relay response page it not working. Try the following

Relay Response Basics and Troubleshooting

I got it working.

Thanks for all your support. Really Appreciated!