cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify Customer

This is my first time using Authorize.net, and I am using it simply to verify the identity of website members.

In other words, I want to link a member account to a cardholder.

I am able to get a transaction to succeed with just credit card details.

What do I need to do to require that the Name and Billing Info matches what is on file with the credit card company.

What fields from the API guide are required to accomplish this?

Is there anything else I need to know or do in order to do cardholder and address verification as part of my credit card processing?

Thanks, 

Sally

ssimons
Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

When processing a credit card transaction, the first and last names are not validated. You can pass any value on these fields but they are not verified to match what the credit card issuing bank has on file. You can however verify the billing information to match and this will check the numerical value on the steet address and the zip code using AVS or Address Verification Service. Please refer to this:

https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A649

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

@Joy wrote:

Hi,

When processing a credit card transaction, the first and last names are not validated. You can pass any value on these fields but they are not verified to match what the credit card issuing bank has on file. You can however verify the billing information to match and this will check the numerical value on the steet address and the zip code using AVS or Address Verification Service. Please refer to this:

https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A649

Thanks,

Joy

Joy,

Considering all of the cybersecurity attacks out there, I am surprised by your response.

Why in the world is the First and Last Name not checked??

In addition, am I understanding you correctly in that with AVS only the numeric part of the Street Address is verified?  So in the address "123 Main Street, Apt 227, Anywhere, UT 84602", all that would be verified is "123" in Street Address and "84602" in the Zip??

If that is correct, isn't there ANYTHING else I can do to make sure that the REAL CARDHOLDER is submitting a credit card transaction via my website?  :(

Sincerely,

Sally

Integration testing is the phase in software testing in which individual software modules are combined and tested as a group. Integration testing is conducted to evaluate the compliance of a system or component with specified functional requirements. It occurs after unit testing and before validation testing.

Warden

What do I have to do to necessitate that the Name and Billing Info matches what is on document with the charge card organization 

mackjone
Ram pub on Young's brewery site was recorded from a survey around 1550 which details the owner as Elizabeth Ridon, who leased out the premises. The first ...

Take RAM Restaurant Survey