cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verifying the country is United States

Hello,

I've read the country field isn't used to process a transaction, which I presume includes AVS checks.  I'm guessing the state field isn't used either.  But the AVS response does give a clue.  Further, the "S" being included in the default rejection settings seems to indicate that "The U.S. card issuing bank does not support AVS" is rare.

From what I've read, an AVS response associated with an address check (A,N,W,Y,Z) most likely means U.S. but it might be Canada or Great Britain, or possibly somewhere else.  The zipcode format would differentiate between US, Canada and United Kingdom.  But the somewhere else is another story.

My question is the best that can done with the submitted data from the customer?
Or am I missing a more refined way to check if it is a US address, which is my primary concern.

Steven
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Steven,

AVS only checks the numerical data of the address and zipcode fields and returns a response.

If you wish to only accept US transactions,  you will need to add our Advanced Fraud Detection Suite which offers the features you require.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
1 REPLY 1

Hello Steven,

AVS only checks the numerical data of the address and zipcode fields and returns a response.

If you wish to only accept US transactions,  you will need to add our Advanced Fraud Detection Suite which offers the features you require.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator