cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Visa Purchase Return Authorization Messages

I realize this isn't directly realted to an integration question, but Could someone help explain to me in English what this Visa madate is for "Purchase Return Authorization Messages" is? It's about 3/4th of the way down on this page: https://usa.visa.com/support/merchant/library/visa-merchant-business-news-digest.html

Is this something that Authorize.Net takes care of already? Will there be any changes to the APIs to accommodate "purchase return transactions". We process all of our refunds through the Authorize.NET web GUI, nothing through the API.

I just want to make sure there is no action needed on my part. Thanks.

BillTheCat
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This Visa mandate will require merchants and acquirers to be able to handle authorizations of purchase returns. Merchants will start receiving return authorization response codes from issuers in response to purchase return request (similar to how merchants receive response codes for purchase request).

The back end processors that Authorize.Net works with are now rolling out support for this mandate (Authorize.Net can not support the mandate until processors implement it). When we roll out support for this mandate - dates to be defined - merchants must evaluate the response codes from issuers to understand the status of the return requests. Any impact on the Authorize.Net Merchant Interface is not yet defined.

View solution in original post

vladimir
Authorize.Net Developer Authorize.Net Developer
Authorize.Net Developer
3 REPLIES 3

This Visa mandate will require merchants and acquirers to be able to handle authorizations of purchase returns. Merchants will start receiving return authorization response codes from issuers in response to purchase return request (similar to how merchants receive response codes for purchase request).

The back end processors that Authorize.Net works with are now rolling out support for this mandate (Authorize.Net can not support the mandate until processors implement it). When we roll out support for this mandate - dates to be defined - merchants must evaluate the response codes from issuers to understand the status of the return requests. Any impact on the Authorize.Net Merchant Interface is not yet defined.

vladimir
Authorize.Net Developer Authorize.Net Developer
Authorize.Net Developer

Thank you for the explanation

Are there any new updates on possible impacts to the merchant interface?