cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Visual FoxPro 9.0 Access Authorize.net CIM

Hi,

I am a developer and do both web and desktops applications, primarily C# for web and C++ for desktops and also some C# for destops as well.  I have a client that came to me that has a POS type system written and developed in Visual FoxPro 9.0 with SP2 applied.

He wants to do only 2 things:

1.  Be able to create a new customer profile in the Autorize.net C I M.

2. Obtain back a credit card token number that he can save in a table and use for reoccuring credit card processes that he bills on a monthly basis.  The amount for each client at month end a can be different so the final CC processing he runs in a batch process at month end via code at my clients end.

He has West-Winds connection libraries and this is currently working 100% to process CC payments, but not using a Customer Profile.

I am wondering if anyone has any code examples in Visual FoxPro of how I could put in the createcustomerprofile call and what I need to do to get the CC token number back?

This all would be very simple if I was to do on a client's website in C#, but I am kind of wondering where to start with Visual FoxPro and what libraries I may need if the West-Winds connection libraries are not enough?

Currentlythe client is using the following in the beginning of his routine to process a CC payment in Visual FoxPro which are West-Winds code libraries.

SET PROCEDURE TO wwAPI ADDITIVE

SET PROCEDURE TO wwHTTP ADDITIVE

SET PROCEDURE TO wwUtils ADDITIVE

SET PROCEDURE TO EzCreditCardProcessing ADDITIVE

ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED!  :smileyhappy:

Pete,

psass@vianet.ca

psass
Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

Hello

It's been a while since this was first posted. I would recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if anyone from the community is able to respond with any comments. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies.

You might also consider contacting West Winds who might have better information for using their libraries.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

I have been working with West Winds libraries and am familiar with their use.  I am trying to see, find, gleam any examples at all of connecting into the Authorize.net CIM from a non-web based application.  All I can see in the documentation downloaded on CIM "the SOAP and XML" pdf's are, web based code examples.

If I could clarifly one question is really all I am after . . .

Do you have to process the CIM payments from a secure SSL web server or can a CC payment be proceed from any device using the CC user's profile token number?

There are 3 things involved here . . .

1.  Normal CC payment via workstation code entered in with nothing saved anywhere, but you get back an authorization and transaction reply.

2.  Now you have the transaction number and want to push this to the Authroize.net server via https:/./URL to create a new customer profile.  (THIS HAS TO BE DONE FROM A SECURE WEB SERVER? or CAN IT BE DONE FROM WITHIN A NORMAL DESTOP APPLICATION WRITTEN SAY IN C++?)

3.  Now if item 2 completes and I get a customer profile token number can this be process from a workstation sending over only the customer profile token number and an amount or( DOES THIS HAVE TO BE PROCESSED FROM  sercure webserver?)

The above is all I really want to know as I can find nothing anywhere to do item 2 and 3 except via web servers running on a secure webserver.

Pete,

Hello @psass

Yes.  The only requirement is to communicate securely to the payment gateway from your application using a supported method.

Richard

Hi Richard,

The very good news is I used the West Winds libraries that I know very well and basically used the soap XML example out of th SOAP pdf guide and have it running now.  Created the file, Posted it and got back the sucessful response with the client profile ID and the CC Payment Profile ID:

* --- Build the CreateCustomerProfileFromTransaction XML string manually.

gcXML1=gcXML1+'<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>'+CHR(13)+CHR(10)

gcXML1=gcXML1+'<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:v1="https://api.authorize.net/soap/v1/"'+CHR(13)+CHR(10)

gcXML1=gcXML1+'xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">'+CHR(13)+CHR(10)

gcXML1=gcXML1+'<soapenv:Header/>'+CHR(13)+CHR(10)

gcXML1=gcXML1+'<soapenv:Body>'+CHR(13)+CHR(10)

gcXML1=gcXML1+'<v1:CreateCustomerProfileFromTransaction>'+CHR(13)+CHR(10)

gcXML1=gcXML1+'<v1:merchantAuthentication>'+CHR(13)+CHR(10)

gcXML1=gcXML1+'<v1:name>&lcAPI_LOGIN</v1:name>'+CHR(13)+CHR(10)

gcXML1=gcXML1+'<v1:transactionKey>&lcTRANSACTION_KEY</v1:transactionKey>'+CHR(13)+CHR(10)

gcXML1=gcXML1+'</v1:merchantAuthentication>'+CHR(13)+CHR(10)

gcXML1=gcXML1+'<v1:transId>&lcAUTHTRANS_ID</v1:transId>'+CHR(13)+CHR(10)

gcXML1=gcXML1+'</v1:CreateCustomerProfileFromTransaction>'+CHR(13)+CHR(10)

gcXML1=gcXML1+'</soapenv:Body>'+CHR(13)+CHR(10)

gcXML1=gcXML1+'</soapenv:Envelope>'+CHR(13)+CHR(10)

I simply built a XML string, converted it to an XML file and posted it to the Authorize.net server and the response came back in an XML string that I simply parse to obtain my info.

Custom profile is created correctly and the card entity is also created.  Worked quite well.

I have one more little issue that I will post in another posting.

Pete,