cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEB, Business Checking, Savings Question?

We are developing a Website to process eCheck's.  Our customer's will be using business and personal checks.

Currently, I only have WEB as the eCheckType, but after reading the eCheck Users Guide it noted that the user may choose Checking, Business Checking or Savings.  Do I need to add a dropdown to allow the users to select Business Checking and submit the eCheckType as CCD and Personal as WEB (or PPD)?

Do online eCheck's only need WEB as the eCheckType?  Should disregard all the other eCheckType's or do I need a dropdown letting them select the eCheckType?  If so, what eCheckType's do I need them to select?

I'm a newbie to this, so any guidance would be helpful?

Thanks!

WadeGDouglas
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Discovered my Solution.  Not only did I have to change the eCheckType but also the bankAccount.accountType as shown below:

bankAccount.echeckType = echeckTypeEnum.CCD
bankAccount.accountType = bankAccountTypeEnum.businessChecking

It was defaulting to  bankAccount.accountType = bankAccountTypeEnum.checking

I hope this helps someone in the future.

Thanks Again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

So I added a dropdown so that if they choose Personal (Checking or Savings) it switches the eCheckType to WEB, and when they choose Business Checking it switches it to CCD.

However, when I submit a transaction as Business Checking it gives me an error code of 244.  Below is the response description:

Details

CODE: 244

EXPLANATION: This eCheck.Net type is not allowed for this Bank Account Type.

OTHER SUGGESTIONS: The combination of values submitted for accountType and echeckType is not allowed.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't have left it alone and just had "WEB" as the eCheckType for all transactions?

WadeGDouglas

Hi WadeGDouglas,

Running a bank account type of businessChecking and an eCheckType of CCD shoould work. What is the amount you are trying to process? I want to make sure this is not related to this same error in this post.

Thanks,

Joy

Thanks for the reply Joy.

My transacations are less than $100.

I'm entering a valid routing number gleaned from the internet, a random account number using and a random Bank Account Name and nameOnAccount.  WEB transactions are not failing using the same routing number and random account number and Name.

When I use CCD I assign the "Name" enter text to the BankName and the nameOnAccount.  When I do a WEB transaction, I just set the nameOnAccount = "Name"

Dim bankAccount As New bankAccountType()
bankAccount.accountNumber = AccountNumber '"4111111"
bankAccount.routingNumber = RoutingNum '"325070760"

If AccountType = "WEB" Then
bankAccount.echeckType = echeckTypeEnum.WEB
bankAccount.nameOnAccount = NameOnAccount '"Test Name"
Else
bankAccount.bankName = NameOnAccount '"Test Name"
bankAccount.nameOnAccount = NameOnAccount '"Test Name"
End If

'standard api call to retrieve response
Dim paymentType As New paymentType()
paymentType.Item = bankAccount

' refund type
Dim transactionRequest As New transactionRequestType() With {.transactionType = transactionTypeEnum.authCaptureTransaction.ToString(), .payment = paymentType, .amount = Amount}

Dim request As New createTransactionRequest() With {.transactionRequest = transactionRequest}

' instantiate the contoller that will call the service
Dim controller As New createTransactionController(request)
controller.Execute()

' get the response from

the service (errors contained if any)
Dim response = controller.GetApiResponse()

Discovered my Solution.  Not only did I have to change the eCheckType but also the bankAccount.accountType as shown below:

bankAccount.accountType = bankAccountTypeEnum.businessChecking

It was defaulting to  bankAccount.accountType = bankAccountTypeEnum.checking

I hope this helps someone in the future.

Thanks Again.