cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhook debugging for Salesforce - how do I get a more detailed Webhook error message?

Hello,

We are trying to get up to speed using Authorize.net Webhooks to connect to our Salesforce external site. Our Salesforce endpoint seems to be working OK, because I can call it using curl from the command line and pass a JSON structure that gets successfully saved to our database. This much works fine.

However when I enter the URL of our Webhook into the "Endpoint URL:" field in Authorize.net and click the "Test Webhook" button, I get the error message:

"Error: Error occured in connecting to the endpoint: https://<my.server.com>/site/services/apexrest/PYMT_AuthnetHook" 

I am sure that I am calling the correct URL because I have copied and pasted it from the command line into the Endpoint URL field. But I need to know why I'm getting this error. Is there a debug log for Webhooks? Or how can I get a more detailed error message from Authorize.net?

Thanks and Best Regards! 

BSYFDev1
Contributor
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Aaron,

Thanks, this is great news. We'll do some testing tomorrow and let you know. 

With Best Regards,
Josh

Hi @Aaron,

Well, good news, we have done some testing and the Webhooks are coming through from our sandbox. Looks good. Thanks so much for your replies and attention on this, it's really appreciated. I'll let you know if anything new comes to light, but it looks like we are good to go. 

With Best Regards,
Josh