cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhook not working for payment events/recurring billing

Talked to someone on live chat and they referred me here...

I have a webhook set up to notify my server of net.authorize.payment.authcapture.created payment events. The first day my endpoint was active, a recurring billing was processed, but I did not see it reflected in my own system. I made sure my webhook was still active (it was) and set up a log on my server to see if my endpoint was even being hit by the webhook. I pinged the endpoint from the webhook and the log appeared to work.

Today, another auto billing was processed, but neither my customer accounts nor webhook log reflect this. To test, I temporarily changed the webhook to trigger on customer profile updates, and updated a customer profile. The log updated as expected. I changed the webhook back to watching for net.authorize.payment.authcapture.created payment events.

I checked my webhook notification history and from this endpoint I only see the net.authorize.customer.updated events, no attempt to notify of the payment events for the automatic billings. 

It may be worth noting that I previously set up a different webhook+endpoint watching for the exact same net.authorize.payment.authcapture.created payment events, and I do see the attempted notifications for those. (Though they did fail to make it to my server for other reasons related to ssl which I believe are being looked into/I have a ticket out for now). This webhook/endpoint I am working with now were actually meant to be a temporary workaround while the ssl issue was being resolved.

Is anyone familiar with this issue? I did doulbe check in livechat that net.authorize.payment.authcapture.created events are indeed the ones I should be watching for to capture the recurring (and other) billings...

norakitchen
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @norakitchen

Are you still experiencing this issue or were you able to find a solution?

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi

I am having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks

inkeyes
Contributor