Integration and Testing

Authorize.Net API questions and help with your payment integration.

Reply
Member
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-27-2021

Webhook seems to work but keeps on becoming inactivated

Hello,

 

We are trying to figure out why our sandbox webhook keeps on being inactivated.

If I temporarily inactivate the webhook in the sandbox.authorize.net console and click on the "Test Webhook" button, I receive a "Ping successful" message. However, after I re-activate the webhook, every night I will receive an email from Authorize.net saying "We are unable to deliver notifications to Webhook ID *************************** at your URL" along with log messages like this:

 

{
  "Logs": [
    {
      "StatusCode": 405,
      "RetryStage": 1,
      "RetryCountInStage": 1,
      "RetryDate": "2021-07-26T09:01:19.083",
      "Message": "Error occured in connecting to the endpoint: https://sandbox.somewebsite.org/webhook/anet. ",
      "ProxyStatusCode": 200
    },
    {
      "StatusCode": 405,
      "RetryStage": 1,
      "RetryCountInStage": 2,
      "RetryDate": "2021-07-26T09:04:19.99",
      "Message": "Error occured in connecting to the endpoint: https://sandbox.somewebsite.org/webhook/anet. ",
      "ProxyStatusCode": 200
    },
    {
      "StatusCode": 405,
      "RetryStage": 1,
      "RetryCountInStage": 3,
      "RetryDate": "2021-07-26T09:07:24.9",
      "Message": "Error occured in connecting to the endpoint: https://sandbox.somewebsite.org/webhook/anet. ",
      "ProxyStatusCode": 200
    },
    {
      "StatusCode": 405,
      "RetryStage": 2,
      "RetryCountInStage": 1,
      "RetryDate": "2021-07-26T17:08:06.137",
      "Message": "Error occured in connecting to the endpoint: https://sandbox.somewebsite.org/webhook/anet. ",
      "ProxyStatusCode": 200
    },
    {
      "StatusCode": 405,
      "RetryStage": 2,
      "RetryCountInStage": 2,
      "RetryDate": "2021-07-27T01:08:38.53",
      "Message": "Error occured in connecting to the endpoint: https://sandbox.somewebsite.org/webhook/anet. ",
      "ProxyStatusCode": 200
    },
    {
      "StatusCode": 405,
      "RetryStage": 2,
      "RetryCountInStage": 3,
      "RetryDate": "2021-07-27T09:09:08.143",
      "Message": "Error occured in connecting to the endpoint: https://sandbox.somewebsite.org/webhook/anet. ",
      "ProxyStatusCode": 200
    }
  ]
}

 

Despite this, we are, in fact, receiving webhook messages from Authorize.net to this endpoint, which makes these email messages confusing. After several days of these email messages our webhook is inactivated.

I suspect that the webhook ping that spawns these warning emails is somehow expecting a different response from our webhook endpoint, however, in reviewing the documentation, I cannot figure out what this is.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks,

Stephen

Member
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-02-2021

Re: Webhook seems to work but keeps on becoming inactivated

I am having a the same issue, did you ever figure it out?

New Member
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎11-25-2021

Re: Webhook seems to work but keeps on becoming inactivated

Hello, I have tried to search for your problem solution online and found https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Webhook-automatically-disabled/... and https://support.bigcommerce.com/s/question/0D54O00006SyE1pSAF/how-to-avoid-webhooks-deactivation-it-... links. I hope you will find your answer over here. While searching for your answer online, I have found https://domeanessay.com/edubirdie-com-personal-help-for-every-student-demand/ link and it makes me so happy because I am a college student and I can't write an essay on my own. But now I know whom to contact. And if you don't find your question answer over there, just let me know. I will find more links for you.