cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhooks for Recurring Payment transaction

We are using the webhooks API and are currently listening for these events.

'net.authorize.customer.subscription.suspended',
'net.authorize.customer.subscription.terminated',
'net.authorize.customer.subscription.cancelled',
'net.authorize.customer.subscription.expiring',
'net.authorize.payment.authcapture.created',
'net.authorize.payment.void.created',

The notification seems to work just fine for regular transactions, or transactions initiating a subscription, etc... However, we don't seem to be getting notified when a new recurring payment comes through. Is there a different event I should be listening for?

Thanks,

Timothy

9 REPLIES 9

Hello @TimothyBJacobs

Could you confirm that you're asking about notification for a payment (the charge) as part of a subscription, not setting up the subscription?

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Correct, not the first charge setting up the subscription, but rather the additional automated charges.

@TimothyBJacobs

Could you provide the Gateway ID for the account you're using?  We need to dig deeper.

Richard

Sure, I believe this is it, 546894.

Hello @TimothyBJacobs

I've reported your issue to the product team for analysis.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

Thanks Richard.

@TimothyBJacobs We set up an ARB subscription on one of our own Sandbox accounts, with the first payment scheduled to run overnight, and created a Webhook for

net.authorize.payment.authcapture.created, sent to this public PasteBin URL: http://requestb.in/yxo33syx?inspect

As you can see from the PasteBin, we received a net.authorize.payment.authcapture.created event around 1 am Pacific.

Could you use GET https://apitest.authorize.net/rest/v1/webhooks to list your current Webhooks, and their related webhookId numbers, please? We suspect you might not have net.authorize.payment.authcapture.created active currently, but would like confirmation.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.

Hey, so I did some more digging and it turned out the Auth.net webhook had been set to inactive. I haven't been able to figure out the cause though, as nothing in the error log pointed to a non-200 response code being issued from my test server. It would be great if we received an email notification when a webhook becomes inactive.

@TimothyBJacobs Thanks for letting us know, and also, thanks for the feedback. It sounds like we were planning on adding email notifications for inactive Webhooks but wasn't able to include it in the initial release. I've raised your feedback, however, and while I cannot make promises, I believe there's a fair chance we will add email notifications in the next quarter.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.