cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What API for Freelancer.com Type Solution?

Hello All, 

I'm building a website where I act as a third party (similar to Freelancer.com). The user will pay for something, I'll hold the money and once the job is complete, I'll release the funds. Is this possible with Authorize.net? If so, what API would be the best to build off of. 

Thanks!

eglassman88
7 REPLIES 7

you mean like a middle man. Not with authorize.net

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Yes. Could you recommend a solution for this? I'm going nuts trying to figure it out. :(

I guess I could essentially be the "escrow" and the funds could be deposited directly into my business account. I would then release the funds upon completion of the event by the vendor. This will make it safe for the user. Is this a good solution?

It's easy to set up something to collect the funds. Authorize.net can do that. The tough part is distributing the money back out. You can probably set up something through your bank that will give you an API for distributing money to a relatively limited number of people - like maybe up to a few hundred - but doing it dynamically to large numbers of people is much more difficult. What you could maybe do, assuming the people all live in the US, is just mail them a check if they request it and their balance is over a certain amount, or manually PayPal them. Direct money transfers would be reserved for whoever is doing the most business through you - sort of like a perk.

Go talk to your bank about ACH.

Access 27 API Integration Freelancers and outsource your project. gives me a wider understanding of the issue and therefore I can deliver the most efficient solution. My strengths are building the following types of apps.

Doing freelance jobs and freelance remote jobs are as easy as ordering something online. You visit sites that offer services and services that you use. This is a great way to start getting your name there.

leffluis