cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What API to use for ECC

Hello,

refundTransaction API has some of it's field contents as follows:

cardNumber: Only the last four digits are required for credit card refunds.

expirationDate: For refunds, use XXXX instead of the card expiration date.

Since, we need a full credit card number and full expiration date for an unlinked transaction, can we do them like authCaptureTransaction API for those 2?

thayalan44
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, you should be able to use the full creditcard number for the unlinked credit. Copied the below from APIReference guide.

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/#payment-transactions-refund-a-transaction

-Bhavana

creditCardThe following elements belong to the creditCard element; include them only for credit card transactions.

When issuing a credit card refund, the request must include either a full card number and expiration date, or the original transaction ID (transId) and last 4 digits of the card number. If you don't have the last 4 digits, you can use getTransactionDetails to retrieve the payment information needed to issue a refund.
bhav
Authorize.Net Expert Authorize.Net Expert
Authorize.Net Expert

When processing an ECC refund, the documentation lists the expiration date as 4 characters for the "refund a transaction" request however elsewhere when dealing with expiration dates, the docs require using 7 characters (YYYY-MM).

Is the 4 character format MMYY or YYMM?

How can I get benifit of this system? I want to add some payment system to my website The Trickseek. How can I do this? Please help me. 

Thank you.

thetrickseek