cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a silent post

Hello

I am working in silent post for the first time. 

I have a basic idea of how it works but - would like to explain the same to my client also. I believe silent post is an automates process from Authorise - when a recurring payment is done the result will be posted to our website [with the link url we have added in the silent post settings] - and the related url will update our database with respective data. 

The minimum interval for a ARB tranaction is 7 days? If thats the case when i d a first transaction on 20th Jan - the silent post will work automatically on 27th? and will send the data details to the url I have added in the silent post settings?

Can any one help me n this?

thank you

Sathish

sathumenon
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

The minimum interval is the period between transactions, as in you can't have a subscription that charges someone every day or anything like that. You can, however, set the subscription start date to tomorrow and the charge will go through. The silent post page will be notified more or less the instance the transaction processes. And if your batch processing runs every day, it the transaction will settle either that day or the day after (not sure which).

TJPride
Expert

Hi 

Thank You for the reply.

My doubt is - the silent post is done from Authorise or do we need to execute any autoamted process for this? 

Thank you

Silent post is done by Authorize.net automatically whenever any charge goes through (including ones you do manually through your control panel, I believe).