cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the CVV for Amex Test Card?

I need to know what is the CVV for the Amex Test Card 370000000000002. For the test Visa and MC cards CVV value of 900 works fine. But for Amex a four digit CVV is needed. Can some one let me know the CVV please?

achinth77
4 REPLIES 4

When processing a test transaction, any 4-digit number should work, as far as I know. Try 9000 or 3714.

TJPride
Expert

Both 9000 and 3714 did not work.

I have enabled CCV filter in Fraud Detection Suite so all credit cards need a valid CVV for transaction to go through. I can use 900 as CVV for Visa and MC cards and it works fine. But it does not work for any 4-digit CVV for Amex card.

Hmm, well I can't seem to find any mention of an AmEx-specific number. Maybe a mod can suggest something.

Are you using your production account? I'm assuming you are since FDS only works in production accounts. In test accounts, no info is actually passed to the processor so you wouldn't see any declines for that.

If you are using your production account for this, you need to contact American Express directly because you may need to enable your merchant account to process CCV. They are not always enabled by default. You can check out the article here for more info.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager