Highlighted

What is the use of integration in real life?

Hello everyone,,

Depends on what you mean by 'real life'. If you are going to become a cashier at Walmart you probably wont find a real life use case.

On the other hand, if you want to do anything related to science or engineering, you will integrals and the calculation thereof being part of many methods.

It is needed to calculate the area under a curve. Let me give you an example: Lets say there is a math exam where students may reach a total of 100 points. Now most students - lets say over half of them - get around 70-80 points while only a few perform very badly (below 50points) or very good (above 80) and the rest is somewhere between 50 and 70. If i want to visualize the distribution of these results and want to determine how good the students are at math, i can do this with a density function. The function would look something like this: it would be very flat between 0 and 50 points (since only very few people got poor results), would then slope upwards and reach a peak somewhere between 70 and 80 points, then decrease fast and flatten out again. With integrals i can calculate the area under the curve to estimate how many percent of the students were within a given point range. I could also compare the densitiy distribution of this years test results with the ones i had the year before, calculating overlaps in the area under the curve to see whether this years math class was any different from last years etc. etc.

Highlighted

Re: What is the use of integration in real life?

All kinds of smart and technological devices are available with them. A hub of all the devices with the latest models and versions with accurate prices and now I can get to find out cheap assignment writing service quality work. Going to buy my new mobile on this website.