cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When posting test transaction, 2nd transaction is declined

I'm trying to create a few test transactions to seed a dev environment (using the sandbox). The first transaction always works, and the subsequent transaction is declined, error_code 2.

I've tried with the same test information (cc: 4007000000027, cvv: 023, exp: 1220) and different cvv/exp info.

Is there some obvious reason that the second transaction would decline every time? I have all fraud filters turned off, or at the most relaxed setting. I've tried `sleep`ing a few seconds between charges.

Any ideas?

psys
Contributor
7 REPLIES 7

what was the response reason code for the decline?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Reason code was 2.

Incredibly, it looks as though the 'invoice_num' field can cause an error based on it's value. invoice_num=2 will cause a decline (response_code 2), invoice_num=3 will return a response_code of 35.

Is this documented somewhere?

There a testing guide

http://developer.authorize.net/hello_world/testing_guide/

Didn't look like it use anything about invoice#

Can you post your request params? for all of those

Here are the urlencoded request params:

URL:

https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

Params:

x_version=3.1&x_delim_char=%2C&x_delim_data=TRUE&x_relay_response=FALSE&x_encap_char=%7C&x_method=CC&x_amount=0.00&x_email_customer=FALSE&x_cust_id=&x_invoice_num=2&x_first_name=Nikki&x_last_name=Sunday&x_company=Shopohaulics&x_address=983+testitious+ave&x_city=Brooklyn&x_state=New+York&x_zip=11211&x_country=United+States&x_card_num=4007000000027&x_exp_date=1219&x_card_code=002&x_type=AUTH_ONLY&x_login=$login&x_tran_key=$key

Yup. Got the same error, doesn't matter if that the 1st or 2nd transaction, always get the declined. 

A mod will have to talk to the support.

Yep, should have mentioned in my followup that when I said:

"Incredibly, it looks as though the 'invoice_num' field can cause an error based on it's value. invoice_num=2 will cause a decline (response_code 2), invoice_num=3 will return a response_code of 35."

It had nothing to do with being first or second transaction, but in my case, the second transaction always had an `invoice_num` of 2.