cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will transaction using MD5 HASH actually be turned off?

I've got email notices saying that it will stop working on June 28th, but that was all the way back in March.

Checking the authorize.net "News and Announcements", they not released any aditional statements since April, and that one just says they'll be running some test on April 23rd.

So, when is it, exactly? Has there been another official statement since April concerning this?

The lack of communication (that I've seen anyway) is a bit disconcerting ....

LGMizzell
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
I’d say the 28th is right. They have extended it multiple times. Was originally set to end in mid March. Customers were notified in January or before, developers were subsequently emailed directly. Messages and announcements were made on the public website around the same time auth.net notified customers. The sha512 string elements were published in the SIM/DPM guide over 20 months ago. The original post about the upgrade included tested and working code for C#, followed by forum posts by users (including me) with working code for other languages within a few weeks, and there have been many posts since.

With all due respect, I’m not sure what else auth.net can do to help developers at this point. After encouraging developers to adopt the new hash going on 2 years ago, repeated extensions of the deadline, direct emails, posting sample code for non-deprecated methods on GitHub....

Check the thread for just one or two threads below this by drsdouglas if you need code for your app to tide you over until your .js integration is under way. Just copy and paste the code as instructed.

View solution in original post

Renaissance
All Star
2 REPLIES 2
I’d say the 28th is right. They have extended it multiple times. Was originally set to end in mid March. Customers were notified in January or before, developers were subsequently emailed directly. Messages and announcements were made on the public website around the same time auth.net notified customers. The sha512 string elements were published in the SIM/DPM guide over 20 months ago. The original post about the upgrade included tested and working code for C#, followed by forum posts by users (including me) with working code for other languages within a few weeks, and there have been many posts since.

With all due respect, I’m not sure what else auth.net can do to help developers at this point. After encouraging developers to adopt the new hash going on 2 years ago, repeated extensions of the deadline, direct emails, posting sample code for non-deprecated methods on GitHub....

Check the thread for just one or two threads below this by drsdouglas if you need code for your app to tide you over until your .js integration is under way. Just copy and paste the code as instructed.
Renaissance
All Star

I've got accept.js working great in the Sandbox.
Switching over to production this evening for one more set of test runs, then goes live to clients immediately after that.

Thanks!