Highlighted

When working on a page, do you personally consider people who are using desktop resolutions

Someone gave me a laptop from 2013 recently. The thing was super cheap, and it could only be run at a max res of like 1200x600 or so. I went to the website I was working on and found that it mostly looked fine, but it really was not pretty to look at in certain areas. Admittedly I changed some stuff recently and hadn't worked on the "tablet display" appearance yet so if I put in some work it would probably look better, but it got me to thinking, how many potential clients are seeing something in a wonky resolution like that when they go to look at websites and think nothing looks good because of how low their screen res is? Do you guys take this sort of outdated hardware into consideration when working on something for a client or potential clients?

Anyone have stats on this sort of thing? How many of your clients do you find are working with absurdly outdated hardware? I'd be curious to hear what you all have to say about this topic.

Highlighted

Re: When working on a page, do you personally consider people who are using desktop resolutions

You can test the screen resolutions available for your monitor on the fly. ... These numbers do not include those who browse using web appliances. ... do some research on the actual available space you have to work with in each browser. .... where they explain what to consider when deciding on web page ...

For more updates, please visit: Official setup