cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you "turn on" ARB ?

I have found where I can set up a specific client for ARB but isn't there somewhere in my AN account where I have to specify that we are going to accept ARB ?

dev-usa
Contributor
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@dev-usa In most cases you can log into your Merchant Interface account at https://account.authorize.net/ and then go to Tools > Recurring Billing. If the merchant hasn't signed up for ARB yet, you will see a screen asking the merchant to accept the ARB terms of service. Accept the terms, and ARB will be active.

There are a few rare cases where a merchant's reseller might possibly disable the ARB service, and so if there is no Recurring Billing option, please call Merchant Support at 877-447-3938 to discuss options for resolving the issue.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.

View solution in original post

Lilith
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the info.  I was looking at my developer sandbox acct and it looked like the ARB setup was for defining a customer who would be using ARB, not the merchant.  What am I missing?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@dev-usa In most cases you can log into your Merchant Interface account at https://account.authorize.net/ and then go to Tools > Recurring Billing. If the merchant hasn't signed up for ARB yet, you will see a screen asking the merchant to accept the ARB terms of service. Accept the terms, and ARB will be active.

There are a few rare cases where a merchant's reseller might possibly disable the ARB service, and so if there is no Recurring Billing option, please call Merchant Support at 877-447-3938 to discuss options for resolving the issue.

--
Lilith
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the info.  I was looking at my developer sandbox acct and it looked like the ARB setup was for defining a customer who would be using ARB, not the merchant.  What am I missing?

@dev-usa Thanks for clarifying. Since ARB is a value-added service, merchants have to agree to the terms and fees related to the service. On your Sandbox account, you are not bound to the same terms and fees, so ARB is enabled by default, as are most of the other value-added services we offer.

Rather than presenting you to a screen of terms you don't need to accept, we take you directly to the ARB interface.

Does that help?

--

I did see that post when I searched but when I go to Tools/Recurring Billing, I don't see an option anywhere to turn it off so I'm not sure what I need to do.

element22