cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which integration method to use and how to integrate to Authorize.Net virtual terminal

I have been reading different articles in the knowledgebase and on the board. I still don't have a general understanding on where to begin to setup a Sim integration from my company's website to the gateway, then to Authorize.Net.

My company wants a way for our employees to fill out the credit card payment billing, hit the submit button and it integrates into Authoirze.Net's portal as an 'authorize only' transaction. Our auditor will go into the terminal and settle the credit card payments.

In addition, We don't want to keep sensitive data on our server.

I read over the sim integration guide, the sample code etc. but for some reason I still don't know where to start on my website. I use Wordpress, so iam thinking I will need to creat a PhP, give it a name, add the sample code, modify the sample code to fit our company needs.....I guess?

I have been tasked with this project, but don't know where to begin or start and making sure it is done correctly.
Thanks in advance!
mariechild
12 REPLIES 12
I am currently using the Authorize.Net for wordpress plugin. It works great. However on the payment form the text fields first name, last name are showing up in the authorize.net portal as the customer ID. I need a way when I add a customized field on the payment form, such as, customer ID, that it appears in the virtual terminal as such with the data entered by the end user. Right now, I'm having difficulty figuring out our company is supposed to assign an Id and it uploads through te payment gateway.
Thanks!!!!!
mariechild

Hello @mariechild 

Which WordPress plugin are you using?   Perhaps the author can provide more information.

Richard

It's called " Authorize.Net for Wordpress" by Daniel Watrous". It's a great plugin. I just need a way for a customized field to appear in the virtual terminal.

For 3rd party plugin, have you try their support?

http://helpdesk.danielwatrous.com/

Yes. I was told that they really don't work with your virtual terminal; as their plugin already does the processing.

My problem is that these fields (first name, last name) on the billing form are already hard coded in the plugin as required fields and it uploads into the virtual terminal as the name of the company. I created a customized filed on the billing form, but it does not upload into the virtual terminal. It only appears on the email notification.

My company needs for that one customized field to appear in the virtual terminal so that our auditor can process and settle payments efficiently. Any suggestions ?

I created a customized filed on the billing form, but it does not upload into the virtual terminal. It only appears on the email notification.

How did you name those fields? you could try add it using the AIM field name http://developer.authorize.net/api/aim/, or the SIM field name http://developer.authorize.net/api/sim/ . the plugin probably using one of them.

Else, unless you have the plugin source code to make modification, that not much you can do.

Where would I add the AIM/SIM field name if it's a plugin?

How did you add the custom fields on the payment form?

I created a customized filed on the billing form, but it does not upload into the virtual terminal. It only appears on the email notification.

Yes that's what I did to create the customized field payment form. But how do I change I change it in coding so it will appear in the virtual terminal or am I missing something here?
Thanks for your help