cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get E00027:The credit card has expired for every card?

Yesterday the system was working fine, my code seemed to be working fine.  I haven't changed code, but now every card number we run comes back with:

E00027:The credit card has expired.

I'm testing the code using the SANDBOX account we have, using the Authorize.net test card info 4007xxxxxxxx7 (as well as other CC #'s) with a expiration date well into the future.  

So what gives?  This doesn't make any sense to me why it would seemingly just start returning that error message.

wavebiddev
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm using the ANET jar file in my java project - which formats and creates the xml for me.  Yes the date is in the right format but apparently using a year of 19 or 20 or 2019 or 2020 is too far in the future.  It all works fine if we just use 2015/15 or 2016/16

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

are you getting the same error if you create the transaction on the merchant account interface?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Actually I should clarify - We run an AUTH_CAPTURE AIM transaction and that works.  Then we run a CREATE_CUSTOMER_PAYMENT_PROFILE CIM transaction (with the exact same info) and that returns the E00027 Error message.

I just figured it out I think, the expiration date we were using was "well into the future" apparently too far in the future.  

1 - 2020 is apparently too far?!

CIM expirationDate

Value: The expiration date for the customer’s credit card

Format: YYYY-MM

AIM is MMYY, MM/YY,
MM-YY, MMYYYY, MM/
YYYY, MM-YYYY

are you using the right format?

I'm using the ANET jar file in my java project - which formats and creates the xml for me.  Yes the date is in the right format but apparently using a year of 19 or 20 or 2019 or 2020 is too far in the future.  It all works fine if we just use 2015/15 or 2016/16