cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WooCommerce DPM Problem

***I am going to apologize ahead of time, as I have minimal knowledge in this department, but I am the best we have.***

Starting back on June 11th, all transactions processed on our webpage created the following message after submitting payment information:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

We still recieve payment, but the order is showing as pending, and the customer recieves no reciept, so they are contacting us to make sure the order went through.

Everything was working fine up to that point, and had been for a while, then we just started recieving that message. Authorize support said we needed to have an x_relay set, but we had never had one before, and there is no where to set that anywhere on our site (that we know of).

We are using WordPress, have woocommerce and the woocommerce dpm plugin installed. We disabled all other plugins and the error still occurred. Any help would be greatly appreciate, and if any other information is needed, I will attemp to provide it.

chancero
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @chancero

When you see this error, the problem is usually when Authorize.Net is trying to connect back to your server to relay the transaction response after the customer submits their transaction.  This may be due to security updates on your server in which case you'll need to work with your website developer or hosting provider.  

You might also check with the maker of WooCommerce to see if there are updates available.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for your response RichardH

Unfortunatey we run the website, which is why we are using wordpress. Being that we didn't change anything on the website and the plugin hadn't been updated recently, would we be best to start with our hosting company? Is there anything in particular we should be asking our hosting company?

I would begin by contacting WooCommerce to ensure you have the latest version of their product installed and correctly configured.  Then if you continue to see problems, contact your hosting provider and see if recent updates have impacted your site.

Richard