cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accept hosted for Non-Logged in User

I attempted to use the accept Hosted form, but I get the invalid token error because I do not have an active user.  The site that I am putting on this form, does not store any user data, so I do not have Customer Profile IDs.  

I know I can create a new customer ID for each transaction, but if the user's e-mail exists in the account, that will return an error.  Is there an API call that can send in an e-mail address and return the Customer ID.  Or if that is not available, is there an easy way (besides text parsing) to get the Customer ID from the error message when the user already exists.

Since we really don't need to store customer information and just want a PCI Compliant solution, what is the best/easiest way to go?  I've tried accept.js but can't get that to work, I always get an ecryption error (I opened another thread for that).  

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

microweb
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @microweb,

You say "we really don't need to store customer information". If you have no need to store customer information on your side or on ours, you don't need to do anything with customer profiles at all. Just use the Accept Hosted payment form without anything relating to customer profiles.

If you what you meant was that you don't want to store information on your side, but you do still want us to store it in a profile on our side, you can always check if the profile exists first. The getCustomerProfileRequest allows you to send a customer profile ID OR a merchant's customer ID OR an email address to get the information of the associated customer profile.

View solution in original post

Aaron
All Star
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @microweb,

You say "we really don't need to store customer information". If you have no need to store customer information on your side or on ours, you don't need to do anything with customer profiles at all. Just use the Accept Hosted payment form without anything relating to customer profiles.

If you what you meant was that you don't want to store information on your side, but you do still want us to store it in a profile on our side, you can always check if the profile exists first. The getCustomerProfileRequest allows you to send a customer profile ID OR a merchant's customer ID OR an email address to get the information of the associated customer profile.

Aaron
All Star

Dear Team,
We are currently using Active JS where we get CC info on our website, which is encrypted and sent via API to Authorize.net (AN).
We are switching to Actvive Hosted so that customer can be directed to AN to feed the CC details. in the Active Hosted Document of AN (link below), which is a 5 pointer document - it does not give following details:

1. I can't see what values how to post the form redirection
2. What is the url to post
3. What are the mandatory values to posted

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/accept_hosted.html

Reply from any of you will be of great help.

My email samin@blueskytelecom.com

samin00