cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$amount conundrum

I have a membership form that was programmed to calculate the total of options chosen and send $total to PayPal. (I am not a programmer, but I thought I could figure out how to modify this since I have modified code like this in the past)

I now need to use Authorize.net and have followed the steps to setup and test the sample data. I am at the last step and see that the Authorize.net code is using a different variable $amount and my form uses $total.

Is there any easy way to make this work? I need my form to calculate and don't want to have to pay to have it redone. I haven't seen this in the API.

<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="<?php echo $total; ?>.00">

Thank you for any suggestions you may have for me to salvage all the previous work!!

glorywest
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

$amount = "$total.00";

My programmer fixed it quickly changing the line above to call $total and it works!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Forgot to post that I am using SIM and PHP.

glorywest

The variable used by Authorize.Net for SIM is actually x_amount. You shouldn't have any problem copying the amount from another variable, but you need to be sure that this is done before the fingerprint is calculated. If the amount submitted in the transaction does not match the amount used to generate the fingerprint, then the transaction will be rejected.

Thank you!! I don't know how to code it up, so I will have to have a programer do this for me.

$amount = "$total.00";

My programmer fixed it quickly changing the line above to call $total and it works!