cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorize.net arb subscription start date error

According to the documentation the subscription start date has to be in this format:  YYYY-MM-DD.

So in subscribe.php I have a hidden field in the form to collect the current date as a start date.  It looks like this:  <input type="hidden" id="startDate" value="<?php echo date('Y-m-d'); ?>" />

I know it works because I can change type="hidden" to type="text" and it outputs correctly:  2012-12-02

In susbscriptionCreate.php I have the following variable:

$startDate = $_POST["startDate"];

and below:

$content =

I have the following:

"<startDate>" . $startDate . "</startDate>".

This is all from sample code from authorize.net with only minor changes.

The error I get is:

Response Code: Error 
Response Reason Code: E00003
Response Text: The 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd:startDate' element is invalid - The value '' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:date' - The string '' is not a valid XsdDateTime value.

If you notice the red portion of the Response Text you'll see that it looks like the date is not being submitted at all.  As far as I can tell after going over everything numerous times I don't have any typos or missing quotes.

Thank you much for any direction you can give!

Mike
mmcaliff01
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You forgot the name attribute for your input:

<input type="hidden" id="startDate" name="startDate" value="<?php echo date('Y-m-d'); ?>" />

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

View solution in original post

stymiee
Expert
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

You forgot the name attribute for your input:

<input type="hidden" id="startDate" name="startDate" value="<?php echo date('Y-m-d'); ?>" />

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Thank you!!!  That was it.