cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

classic asp stopped posting using Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") last night

Hello, I have been using Classic asp and using the same posting method for awhile now.  I know Authorize.net is going to disable the TLS 1.0 and we are moving the site to the new server, but since last night my site stopped posting payments.

I'm using 

Dim objRequest, post_response
Set objRequest = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")

objRequest.open "POST", post_url, false
 objRequest.send post_string
 post_response = objRequest.responseText
Set objRequest = nothing

I've tried 

'Set objRequest = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
'Set objRequest = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")

as well with no luck.

The server company has not changed anything on their end.  I'm at a loss on what to try.  Any suggestions?

larkhel
16 REPLIES 16

They are still working on trying to get classic asp to work on the windows iis 7.5.  I need a back up plan if they can't do this.  

I currently use AIM where people fill out a form and it posts to A.net.

Ok Here's what I need it to do and I'm not sure if there is a way to do this, even if I use a 3rd party company to talk between my site and authorize.net.  

I need to send a custom amount, custom desc, custom number to the 3rd party  useing post method like now or on A.net (simple check out will not work)

After they pay, they must come back to the site to make the order approved.  I can even collect the informaiton in a custom URL code and use request.query.

Everywhere I look, I see the either the simple button method or fully intigrated.  If anyone know a company that works with A.net, i'm all ears.

@gplough wrote:

Was yesterday the 20th the cutoff date for that?  Because we've been connecting fine since then.

TLS 1.0 and 1.1 were disabled in sandbox back in April, but if you noticed a change recently in production, that's possibly due to disablement of the insecure 3DES cipher.

3DES was already disabled in sandbox, but was disabled in production on or shortly after September 18th.

This change had been communicated here and in several email messages to merchants over the last several months, but unfortunately still caught a few people by surprise.

It shouldn't be any problem running classic ASP on Windows with IIS 7.5. We are managing many servers with the same configuration.

As an alternative you could easily post a custom amount, custom description and custom number via Ajax to our secure application and see the results of the transaction instantly on the same page or redirect to your receipt / thank you page, all without leaving your site.