cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest return success even though CVV wrong

Hello,

I have used createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest API for customer payment. When the customer does payment we take CVV from the customer and pass that in createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest API. Problem is that if customer entered the wrong CVV even though createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest return success message but once transaction goes for settlement it  shows " Transaction Declined  (Authorization with the card issuer was successful but the transaction was declined due to a card code mismatch with the card code on file with the card issuing bank based on the settings in the Merchant Interface.) "

Please guide how we can resolve this issue?

Below Is request of  createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
 <merchantAuthentication>
   <name>4T522XXXX</name>
   <transactionKey>36ZRXXXXXXXX76pG</transactionKey>
 </merchantAuthentication>
 <transaction>
   <profileTransAuthCapture>
     <amount>25.00</amount>
     <customerProfileId>15XXXX9907</customerProfileId>
     <customerPaymentProfileId>15XXXX4437</customerPaymentProfileId>
     <taxExempt>false</taxExempt>
     <recurringBilling>false</recurringBilling>
     <cardCode>456</cardCode>
   </profileTransAuthCapture>
 </transaction>
 <extraOptions><![CDATA[x_customer_ip=]]></extraOptions>
</createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest>

1 REPLY 1

Hi @pareshpatel2315,

I'm not able to duplicate anything like this on my side.

Do you have a fraud filter set up to decline a CVV mismatch, or just hold it for review?

Can you give an example of an API response to one of these transactions that shows success? When and how do you find out that it is declined? Are you seeing the status in the Merchant Interface or somewhere else?

Is this happening in production? If so, I would advise also contacting our support department. It would be best if you could provide specific transaction IDs for transactions that were successful at authorization but failed at settlement.

Aaron
All Star