cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom fields not showing up in customers email receipt

Randy Paries

I am developing a new feature with our current system, that is going to start using the AIM API.
I am developing and testing in the developer section currently.
the problem is that the customfields are not showing up in the customers email receipt. .

I see the custom fields in the Merchant Email Receipts  but not the customers?

According to this
http://developer.authorize.net/faqs/#customfields
it should appear in the customers as well

Thanks

paries
4 REPLIES 4

You didn't read that carefully enough, I guess:

Yes, you can create and submit merchant-defined fields. To do this, simply send your own name value pairs. Authorize.Net will return the value in the transaction response as well as include the value on the merchant e-mail receipt (if your account is configured for merchant e-mail receipts). However, merchant-defined fields are not stored in our database.

No mention is made of the customer getting a copy of the custom fields.

TJPride
Expert

is there anyway to add information to the customers email receipt

thanks

Maybe if you put it as part of the description. Otherwise, not seeing a way to put transaction-specific inifo in the email. You  could, however, turn off emails for any transactions not done through ARB, and send the receipt yourself.

Hi paries,

You can try using the Itemized Order information, this will  show on the customer receipt not the merchant email receipt but the merchant can see this information on the Transaction Detail page in their Merchant Interface under the Search tab. Another option that you can also check is using x_header_email_receipt or x_footer_email_receipt.

Thanks!

-Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator