cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCheck Testing fails on invalid ABS code

Hi, I'm trying to test "Debit a Bank Account" txns on my sandbox account. I'm submitting what used to be a good bankname/routingno :

request.transactionRequest.payment.bankAccount = BankAccountType.new('businessChecking','40798399','091905444', 'John Doe','WEB','Minnesota Lakes Bank','101') as well as the one (debit-bank-account.rb)

given in the ruby sample code section of your website:

request.transactionRequest.payment.bankAccount = BankAccountType.new('checking','121042882','1234567890', 'John Doe','WEB','Wells Fargo Bank NA','101')

The Wells Fargo fails with ...

Transaction Failed
  Error Code: 101
  Error Message: The given name on the account and/or the account type does not match the actual account.

The Minnesota Banks fails with ...

Transaction Failed
  Error Code: 9
  Error Message: The ABA code is invalid
Failed to debit bank account.

Can you supply me with bank parameters that will work?

Thanks,

Dick

rwielandU2050
2 REPLIES 2

Is this request against the sandbox or production?

I tried your request in the sandbox and did get the same response. I tried a few other routing numbers and am getting successful responses. Here are a couple I tried:

US Bank 121122676

Citibank 266086554

My best guess is that there is an issue with that ABA number in the sandbox, which can be investigated.

mmcguire
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Any answer on this? I'm getting

"errorText": "The given name on the account and/or the account type does not match the actual account."

whenever I try to make a call to the API by using the information provided in the official documentation

llandero