cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCheck businessChecking account type help

I used the sample PHP code with dependencies including "authorizenet/authorizenet": "1.8.9" to create my own eCheck processing application, to run from my existing membership website.

I reached out to customer service regarding the language in the eCheck manual which states that WEB type transactions may be used for only personal checking or savings accounts.  They insisted that WEB would in fact allow me to process business checking accounts, and told me that all internet transactions MUST use the WEB eCheck type.

However, in my Sandbox testing, the only way I can get businessChecking to process is with an eCheck type of CCD.

$bankAccount->setAccountType('businessChecking');
$bankAccount->setEcheckType('CCD');

Can someone please tell me if this is in fact the expected behavior, and whether it is acceptable to charge internet transactions as type CCD?  Was I given the wrong information?

Thank you!

matticus
3 REPLIES 3

Hi matticus,

The manual is correct WEB eCheck type can only be processed against a customer's "personal" checking or savings account. I apologize if the rep you spoke with was confused about this. 

When processing a CCD type, you can only process this using a business checking account. 

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Can you please verify then, is CCD an approved method for internet transactions?  

Or, does this mean that there is no way to process business checking over the internet?  The customer service representative told me that CCD was specifically for hands on transactions.

If it's ok for internet use, does the standard internet autorization agreement apply?  The manual points to the written agreement for use with CCD.

Thank you!

For anyone who happens to come across this post looking for the same thing, I was finally able to get confirmation from the eCheck underwriting department that CCD transactions may be used for "via internet" transactions and that written authorization is not a requirement; The standard internet authorization is acceptable.