cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCheck refunds returns E00027 - The transaction cannot be found.

I'm adding support for storing bank accounts on customer profiles and using those to create transactions.

Adding the bank accounts to the customer profiles and charging it works fine. However, when I try to refund the transaction, I keep getting E00027 - The transaction cannot be found.

I'm using the PHP SDK, and tried 2 methods for refunding -

* Using a TransactionRequestType, as shown in the PHP example on GitHub (https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sample-code-php/blob/master/PaymentTransactions/refund-transaction.p...). This method works fine for credit-card transactions

* Using the ProfileTransactionType class, which also allows setting the masked bank account number (via ProfileTransRefundType). As that parameter is specified in the API reference, I tried this method, but it didn't make a difference.

In both cases I get the E00027 - transaction cannot be found error. The same refund code works for non bank-account transactions (credit-card transactions).

I'm not sure if this is configuration issue on the sandbox account, or an actual limitation of the API. The documentation for refunding a transaction and debiting a bank account is identical when using a bank account, as far as I can tell (both use transaction type = refundTransaction, and a reference transaction to be refunded).

Any help with processing eCheck transaction refunds would be appreciated!

erangalp
3 REPLIES 3

Hi erangalp,

It is important to note that our sandbox accounts currently do not support eCheck settlement. All your eCheck or ACH transactions will remain in Captured/Pending Settlement status this is why you cannot process a refund request against them. Refund can only be process if the transaction settled successfully and our sandbox accounts do not support this. This only applies to sandbox and not production accounts.

Work is underway to enable eCheck settlement and trigger response codes using the testing guide.  I don't have a time line for delivery, so I suggest watching our blog for updates.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Some good news is that we will be enabling eCheck Settlement on Sandbox very soon (can't give definite dates but can say a very, very small number of weeks :-)

Brian

brianmc
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

So is it safe to ignore this message and assume it is working correctly?

When I try to issue a refund on unsettled transactions that were made with a credit-card, I get Error 54 - The referenced transaction does not meet the criteria for issuing a credit. I was expecting to get a similar error for transactions made with a bank account. If you tell me that just because it's running on the sandbox, and it's safe to go live with it, I'll take your word for it.