cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCheck with Authorizations and Captures

Does eCheck support Authorization only transactions followed by Prior Authorization and Capture?  I am testing this on my development / test account and the authorization is working and providing a transaction id, but the capture is failing saying that the transaction has been declined. 

Thanks!

Bob

envisionitllc
8 REPLIES 8

After additional testing, we are getting transaction denied on our test account for all transaction types with the exception of Authorization Only transactions.  I would expect that Authorization and Capture transactions would go through, since the Authorization Only goes through, but this is not what we are seeing.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks,

Bob

envisionitllc

We are still having this problem - can anyone please help?

Thanks,

Bob

Please send your test account details (payment gateway ID or Login ID) to developer@cybersource.com.

Thank you,

Elaine

Elaine
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

I'm having the exact same issue with testing eCheck payments.

My test account is in live mode and the payments are only accepted when I send x_type=AUTH_ONLY.

It would appear that x_type is defaulted to AUTH_CAPTURE when it is not sent with other eCheck fields.  So when I do not send x_type or when I set it to AUTH_CAPTURE all of the transactions are declined.

Could you please post the resolution to this issue if there was one?

Thank you,

Gregg

Test accounts have an undocumented maximum transaction limitation.  This is set per account, but I beleive the default is $100.  If you are having troubles with transactions over $100, try an amount that is less than $100.

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the quick response.  You are exactly right.  As soon as I put in $100.01 or over I get the declined response with eCheck AUTH_CAPTURE transactions.

I would hope this is documented in the near future others.  I would have never figured that out.

It's funny that's not the case with credit card transactions.  That doesn't make sense to me.  Maybe someone in the know could explain the reasoning when they have time.

Thank you!

Gregg

Does anyone know if this limit to the test account can be changed?  Do live accounts have a similar maximum setting?

All accounts will have a maximum transaction size and monthly limit for their eCheck transactions, this is something that is defined as a part of the underwriting process for the eCheck service.  For test accounts, they still default to $100 a transaction and $1000 a month, but this limit can be raised by sending a request to developer@authorize.net.  Simply request that your eCheck limits are raised and provide your login or gateway ID for the test account.

It is relatively easy for us to go in and just add a few more zeroes to your limits, it just isn't something we've been able to automate yet.