cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

echeck.net profileTransRefund with no transId

I am trying to submit transactions which remove money from the merchant account and place them into CIM account records. This is used by insurance companies which pay commissions via ACH accounts. I am trying to submit and unlinked transaction in demo mode (which according to the docs is automatically approved even though the live accounts need ECC enabled) and am getting error returns. The error is 3,1,247... The text for 247 reads "The combination of values submitted for x_type and x_echeck_type is not allowed." However, there is no place to add the echeck type in the ProfileTransactionType.profileTransRefund object. 

Is there a way other than this object to remove money from the merchant account and add it to the CIM account when there is no transId to reference? Is there a way to set the echeckType in the ProfileTransactionType.profileTransRefund object?

This is a critical operation for our clients (Insurance Mutual comapnies) and I would appreciate any assistance on this matter.

seanorear
4 REPLIES 4

I discovered the root cause of this issue, but have been unable to find documentation to offer the details. When the customerPaymentProfile was created using a bank account, I had it created with the x_echeck_type set to 'WEB'. Apparently, profileTransRefund is not allowed to be processed against a 'WEB' echeck. I created a new test customerPaymentProfile and used the PPD (as it is really a personal account for which we have a pre-payment arrangement). When I resubmitted the profileTransRefund , it was successful.

The only difference is that the return codes were 4,1,193 ("The tranasction was placed under review by the risk management system"). Is there a way to set the merchant account to not review these transactions as this is a prearranged transaction with this merchant and the recieving account?

seanorear

Hey there,

Gateway accounts cannot actually be used to make payments to a merchant account, only to process payments. So there's really no way to do what you want to do using an Authorize.Net account. You'll need to look into a payroll service or something like that to do what you're needing.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Hi,

So, is there a solution that you would recommend for such transactions? At our company, our clients have used National Merchant Alliance in the past for all payment processing and depositing commissions. Since this code would no longer be integrating with all the same API (all under NMA or all under Authorize.net), we'd like to make this transistion as easy as possible - and as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

Hey 1WSDeveloper,

I don't really have any solutions to recommend, no. I've never used one and don't know of anyone who has, but I'm sure you can do a simple Google search and find plenty of options. Then maybe you can ask those solutions for references to see which one has the best recommendations.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager