cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

echeck questions - split payments, fees, multiple recipients

I am a developer and I have a client asking for some echeck programming. A few questions:

- Can echeck process transactions from any bank account to any bank account? Or does the merchant's Authorize.net account have to be in on that transaction?

- Can split transactions occur? Example: customer buys something online and enters their bank account info. Can funds go to 2 different bank accounts?

- Can an echeck merchant account pay 200 different recipients, straight to their bank accounts, in a single transaction?

What does authnet charge for echeck transactions? (I've looked on the website and can't find this)

ZeroGravPro
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @ZeroGravPro 

What you are describing is person to person payments, which is not supported by the gateway.  With eCheck, merchants can accept payment from a customer and have those funds transfered into their bank account.  The services your client is asking about may be available from their own bank.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
1 REPLY 1

Hello @ZeroGravPro 

What you are describing is person to person payments, which is not supported by the gateway.  With eCheck, merchants can accept payment from a customer and have those funds transfered into their bank account.  The services your client is asking about may be available from their own bank.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator