cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error loop - response 102 then response 103

I am stuck in a loop trying to perform credit card refunds using AIM and Classic ASP. When I try a refund including the tran-key, I get error 102 (warning to not use the tran key)  When I pull tran-key out, I get response code 103 (warning that I need to use the tran-key.

this seems to me to be a classic catch 22.  Anyone have ideas on what I need to do to get out of this vicious loop?

Thanks....paul

pousterhout
11 REPLIES 11

With AIM, you collect the credit card data and so on through a form on your site and then pass it to Authorize.net internally and get back a response on that same page. With SIM, you just forward people to a page on Authorize.net and they fill out their info out there, with Authorize.net only passing info back via relay response or silent post. If you think about it logically, it makes no sense to do refunds vs SIM, since the customer fills in nothing for those - they're just an internal call with the transaction ID, amount, and last 4 digits of the credit card (these could be input yourself, or retrieved using the transaction ID and the Transaction Details API). For refunds you'd use AIM.

Thanks - that means I'm definitely using AIM.  Now I just have to figure out why AN is rejecting my transaction!