cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frames security questions

I made a web application with asp.net 3.5 that implements the AIM method, which requires an SSL certificate.  A web developer wants to integrate my pages with their site by putting my site inside of a frame on their website.  I realize it sounds a little crazy, but the developer only make sites with Unix (like Drupal) and I'm trying to work with them.

1)  Are there any security issues with this?    or...

2)  Should I bite the bullet and learn PHP or Java so I can move the commerce part of the application to their site?

Thank you for your help.

aj23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As long as there's no communication between your pages and the frames, or vice versa, you should be fine from a PCI perspective. As for whether the browser will pop up a security error if you have some of the frame parts secured and others not, I don't know - you'll have to test and find out.

For search engine ranking purposes, however, you should stay away from frames layouts. Find a developer who works with what you're familiar with, or give up and learn PHP. Everything that can be done with frames can be done better with HTML / CSS.

View solution in original post

TJPride
Expert
1 REPLY 1

As long as there's no communication between your pages and the frames, or vice versa, you should be fine from a PCI perspective. As for whether the browser will pop up a security error if you have some of the frame parts secured and others not, I don't know - you'll have to test and find out.

For search engine ranking purposes, however, you should stay away from frames layouts. Find a developer who works with what you're familiar with, or give up and learn PHP. Everything that can be done with frames can be done better with HTML / CSS.

TJPride
Expert