Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free trial in ARB giving settlement error

Hi,

I have setup my ARB transcation in sandbox account as follows:

Amount: $40
Trial occurrence : 1
Trial Amount:$0.0

Also other required parameters I have set related to this feature.
When my payment transaction gets executed, it is giving settlement error in Trass Status. Also I do not receive any silent response for this transaction. I am trying with visa test creditcard number.

Inline image 2
kruti
4 REPLIES 4

You can't have a trial amount of $0.00, either moved the start date later or charge at least $0.01

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

You mean to say that, if I want to give 2 months free trial, in that case I need to start my ARB subscription after 2 months? Or is there any other alternative?

No where document says that trial amount can not be zero or it should be greater then zero. I want to apply best practice for this type of free trial scenario.

It doesn't look like an issue with the ARB itself, but some credit card issuer/bank do not like transaction for $0 amount.

Do you know anything else about this? I am having the same issue.

Using my sandbox account, when I do an Authorization to a Visa for $0.00, the Authorization goes through fine.  I include a billing zip code and billing city for the Authorizaiton, since the CIM documentation states that this is needed for Visa : CIM PDF  (check under the validationMode Parameter - live mode section). I know we are using ARB, but I figured it would still apply.

I'm assuming then, that the trial occurrence actually does a Charge transaction, which is why we get the settlement error for the trial occurrence with a trial amount of 0?

Anyway, is there any plan to update the sample code and documention anytime soon to include this caveat? They actually use a Visa with a trial amount of 0 in the C# sample code - ARB - Create Subscription

Thank you very much for your help. If you feel this post would be better directed at someone else please kindly direct me in the right direction :)

P.S.  Where has the ARB PDF Guide been moved to?  This link was working 2 weeks ago, now it's gone: at ARB Guide