cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getTransactionDetailsRequest by refId

Is this possible?

If I include just refId, I get E00003, (in short) complaining that's there no transId.

But if I include transId, what do I set it to? I have no transaction ID as the transaction was canceled.

Tried setting it to 0, but then it says the transaction is not found.

By the way, the API documentation does not say that transId is required. And the wording would certainly lead one to believe that you could include either refId or transId.

Anyone have more details on this? I've spent the best part of a day on it now. Searched the discussion boards, stackoverflow.com, google, etc.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi, the transId is required. You will need to have a transaction generated in order to generate an id. You can do that using the CreateTransaction method.

I see that you're right about the documentation. The transId really should be marked as required.

mmcguire
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the reply.

I should give a little more context. I am using Accept Hosted method with Redirect.

What I'm really trying to work out right now is how to get details like billing info after the transaction has been completed. I thought I had the answer by using the refId that I generate, but I see that that will not work.

I was just reading another thread about Webhooks, which looks like it is probably the best method.

@mmcguire wrote:

Hi, the transId is required. You will need to have a transaction generated in order to generate an id. You can do that using the CreateTransaction method. TelltheBell.com

I see that you're right about the documentation. The transId really should be marked as required.

Thank you for the explanation. It is clear for me.

You can use  the Transaction Reporting feature of the Authorize.Net API to access transaction history and details.

Get Settled Batch List

For a range of dates:

{
"getSettledBatchListRequest": {
"merchantAuthentication": {
"name": "API_Login_ID",
"transactionKey": "Transaction_Key"
},
"firstSettlementDate": "2020-05-01T16:00:00Z",
"lastSettlementDate": "2020-05-31T16:00:00Z"
}
}

Get Transaction List

Use this function to return data for all transactions in a specified batch. The function will return data for up to 1000 of the most recent transactions in a single request. Paging options can be sent to limit the result set or to retrieve additional transactions beyond the 1000 transaction limit. No input parameters are required other than the authentication information and a batch ID. However, you can add the sorting and paging options shown below to customize the result set.

{
"getTransactionListRequest": {
},
"batchId" : "123XXX",
"sorting": {
"orderBy": "submitTimeUTC",
"orderDescending": "true"
},
"paging": {
"limit": "100",
"offset": "1"
}
}
}

Get Unsettled Transaction List

Use this function to get data for unsettled transactions. The function will return data for up to 1000 of the most recent transactions in a single request. Paging options can be sent to limit the result set or to retrieve additional transactions beyond the 1000 transaction limit. No input parameters are required other than the authentication information.

{
"getUnsettledTransactionListRequest": {
},
"sorting": {
"orderBy": "submitTimeUTC",
"orderDescending": true
},
"paging": {
"limit": "100",
"offset": "1"
}
}
}

If the refId is included in a request, this value is included in the response.