cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hosted payment form "Unexpected error"

I am developing a webpage that uses the Authorize.net hosted payment form to process the credit cards. The payment form loads fine, but when I fill in the form and hit the "Pay" button, the message "Unexpected error. Please try again."

If I hit "Pay" again it will come back with the message "Finger Print value is not valid."

What is the issue here and how can it be resolved?

thank you.

aschuck
45 REPLIES 45

Hi @luisbecerril,

I've seen that issue as well where correcting the error is then seen by the system as a resubmission of the form. Since the design is to only allow the use of the form once, it's appropriate to give that error once a transaction has be completed. However, fixing an error in the middle of the transaction shouldn't cause that to happen. I've made our developers aware of this, and we'll see what we can do about fixing this.

@Aaron Is there any time frame for a solution to the issue that @luisbecerril mentioned? We are getting the same issue with our accept hosted form (where the "Finger Print value is not valid" error is coming up when trying to fix the transaction).

At the very least it might be nice (if we are using the iframe method) to get an iframe Communcator message that the transaction failed, that way we can request a new token. Just because right now there is no way for us to detect that the transaction failed on our end.

Hi @ttimmons,

No timeframe, sorry.

Hi,

I am seeing the Finger Print value is invalid reposnse after a decline and inforamtion correction too.  About to take new payment form live, any solution?  We are using Lightbox/iframe presentation.

Jason

@Aaron. Hoping for some progress on this. This issue really is a step back in the user experience. As it's been a month since you said the dev team would be working on it, I hope a fix is imminent. Please advise.

Cheers,
Jason

@Aaron If there is no immediate fix for correcting the incorrect zip, cvv, etc and clicking Pay again without returning the "Finger Print value is invalid" message, could you change that message to "Your session has timed out, please close this window and try your payment again"  Right now we have no way to inform the payer that there is try again method and just create unnecessary cusotmer service calls.  We need going to Accept Hosted/Webhooks from SIM/Silent Post to be a substantial improvement to achive client buy in.

Cheers,

Jason.

Hi @silvercreative,

I can't make any commitments as to what we can or can't do, although I agree that in general rewriting an error message to be more clear or make more sense is usually easier then changing behavior of a component. Unfortunately I can't say one way or another if or when any changes would be made here.

I will say that your feedback (and that of everyone else in this thread) is very valuable. That's definitely being shared internally to make sure that we all understand your pain. We've got these new things that we think are better than the old things, and we want you to use them. That's a lot harder when the new things don't clearly appear to be better than the old things on all fronts. We want to make it easier for you to get that client buy-in, so I'll push that point hard internally.

Thanks @Aaron,

The inability for a user to correct the incorrectly typed in credit card data and resubmit the payment is a major fail and defeats the purpose of presenting the error message to begin with.  If you can suggest any other method to deal with this I am all ears :)  I dont think WebHooks will assist here either as the webhook post will go to the webhooks listener and not the iframe communicator ,correct?

Jason. 

Correct.

@luisbecerril and @ttimmons,

Looks like we are all in the same boat.  Did either of you manage to resolve or come up with a workaround?

Cheers,

Jason.