cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hosted payment form "Unexpected error"

I am developing a webpage that uses the Authorize.net hosted payment form to process the credit cards. The payment form loads fine, but when I fill in the form and hit the "Pay" button, the message "Unexpected error. Please try again."

If I hit "Pay" again it will come back with the message "Finger Print value is not valid."

What is the issue here and how can it be resolved?

thank you.

aschuck
45 REPLIES 45

@Aaron

We have also started facing the same issue with production environment.

Any solution released ?

This is really a impacting us.

There's no update from my end, I'm afraid.

@Aaron

Is there any ETA to release the solution of this issue ?

raviparmarce88
Regular Contributor

There have been a couple of recent improvements to the hosted form (in the last couple of weeks). If anyone following this thread would like to try again and see if they're still running into problems, I'd appreciate the feedback.

At the very least, correcting a decline works properly (at least as long as you stay on the same form. If the user moves back and then resubmits the form token, you'll still get an invalid token error.

I'd like to collect some real world feedback on the status of this particular collection of problems so that we can plan future improvements.

Hello Aaron,

We are still recieving this error in both Sandbox and Production environments. You can test it for yourself in the Sandbox by using 46282 as the zip code.

• Method 1: Click Pay Now, see the decline error, click Pay Now again, get the fingerprint error
  • Method 2: Click Pay Now, see the decline error, change the zip, click Pay Now again, get the fingerprint error

No matter which method you choose, if our users reload the payment form by refreshing their browser, they recieve a Duplicate Transaction Submitted error. Upon refresh, they get a new Token, why would this show as a Duplicate?

We do not use AVS in our Sandbox environment. This error only occurs after a 2/2 General Decline.

Is this issue still being worked on?

Hi @NickL   

We have the internal team looking into it . Currently i dont have any ETA  on it . 

Will keep the group posted on updates . 

Send feedback at developer_feedback@authorize.net

From my end it looks like progress has been made on this issue. After receiving "Invalid Fingerprint" following a 2/2 general decline, reloading the page now seems to work without a "Duplicate Transaction Submitted" error.

Can anyone else confirm this updated behavior?

Is there an ETA on this yet?   I am still having the issue when I use 46282 to force a decline.  when I change the zip code and click pay now again I get the error.

Is there an ETA on this?

@davewirth51 are you reloading the page/ generating a new Accept Hosted Token when you get the decline ?

Send feedback at developer_feedback@authorize.net