Highlighted

how the hell did you guys become good at integration?

Hello everyone,,

So I'm in a somewhat frustrating slump in regards to figuring out integrals. Even after 100+ practice problems, I still feel like I don't have the ingenuity to figure them out quick enough to not get in an exam situation. Is it really just as simple as do literally every integral in the world until nothing seems foreign, or is there some kind of philosophy, foundation, or tricks that are needed to become efficient with integration?

What's frustrating is that I understand how to do everything. Integration by parts, (inv.) Trig subs, partial fraction decomposition, these all make sense to me in a vacuum. But when I'm handed a problem like integral of sin (2x)/ 1 + cos4 (x); I just don't have the ability to automatically see that u = cos2 (x) which will cancel 2sin (x) out and be an easy inverse tan function. Looking back it looks super easy, but that's only after I figured out how it's done. But when it comes to fluid integral intelligence, how did you guys get As on your exams? I know hard work is of utmost importance, but I feel like there's something to this all that I'm missing

Highlighted

Re: how the hell did you guys become good at integration?

Even I am stuck at some points but I want to be the master in this field. I hope to get some help online with integration. 

Highlighted

Re: how the hell did you guys become good at integration?

To access www.routerlogin.net you will have to use your login credentials. But if you forget the credentials, then you can contact us.