cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inegration of authorize.net with salesforce commerce cloud

Hi at all,

I am currently working on a new website for one of our clients on salesforce commerce cloud platform, and we need to set up authorize.net for the US version.

Is there anybody who has already done it before ?

If no, how should I start from scratch (use of api ?)?

Thanks,

mgodard
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

In SalesForce you would create an Apex app by creating a Custom Object and adding Apex classes. There is a lot of documentation for creating Apex apps at : https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_intro.htm

You don't need to be a Certified Authorize.net developer.

While you are developing the application, you should get an Authorize.net sandbox account  for testing at : https://developer.authorize.net/hello_world/sandbox/

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you make details of how did you manage to implement authorize.net in SCC ?

What I can see is that you built a form which directly sends data to authorize.net API ?

It seems that we will have to create a dedicated cartridge for the use of this mean of payment.

Do we have to be certified Authorize.net developers to have access to the API or we just need merchantAuthentication, name and transaction key ?

Thanks,

Hi,

In SalesForce you would create an Apex app by creating a Custom Object and adding Apex classes. There is a lot of documentation for creating Apex apps at : https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_intro.htm

You don't need to be a Certified Authorize.net developer.

While you are developing the application, you should get an Authorize.net sandbox account  for testing at : https://developer.authorize.net/hello_world/sandbox/

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers

Hello,

It seems that we are not talking about the same SalesForce app - in my case its SalesForce Commerce Cloud and not simply SalesForce.

I will look further for the integration of this mean of payment in SCC but in the end, what I needed was the fact to know if I had to use the API or not and the answer seems to be yes.

I created my sandbox account and will work on it.

Thanks,

Thank you.

That's true, using Salesforce commerce cloud (Formerly know as Demandware) independently, without integration with the CRM is different and entails customization of the Storefront by uploading "cartridges" which contain a combination of Pipelines, Templates, Scripts, XML and property files.

Demandware Script is their own version of Javascript with a .ds extension, which enables you add custom logic that needs to be executed within Pipelines or Templates.

For example in your a cartridges/app_storefront_core/cartridge/scripts,  you would have an initialization .ds file and initialize the REST service registry with something like the following:

var ServiceConfig = require('dw/svc/ServiceConfig');
var ServiceCredential = require('dw/svc/ServiceCredential');
var ServiceRegistry = require('dw/svc/ServiceRegistry');
var HTTPService = require('dw/svc/HTTPService');
var HTTPClient = require('dw/net/HTTPClient');
var Encoding = require('dw/crypto/Encoding');
var Bytes = require('dw/util/Bytes');

ServiceRegistry.configure("apitest.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api", {
createRequest: function(svc: HTTPService, args) {
svc.addHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
svc.addHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache");
svc.addHeader("Accept", "application/json");
var serviceConfig: ServiceConfig = svc.getConfiguration();
var credentials: ServiceCredential = serviceConfig.getCredential();
svc.setRequestMethod("POST"); return args; }, parseResponse: function(svc: HTTPService, client: HTTPClient) { return client; }, mockCall: function(svc: HTTPService, client: HTTPClient) {} });

The Authorize.net API methods to be called and the data you would need to post would depend on your type of integration.

Note: There have been a number of changes since Salesforce's aquisition of Demandware last year.